Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 3

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Benj, 21, The Maverick of Manila

Generally, this game isn't really about perceptions of an individual on himself - it's more of how other people perceive you as an individual while observing your words and actions as the game goes along. I didn't choose the title "the maverick" because i see myself as one - hardly --- but I'm sure when all is said and done, most people would label me as such so let's cut the crap and get on with the show.

I'm Benjamin [you guys could call me Benj]. I'm currently studying at the UP College of Medicine in UP Manila. I have a passion for debate [i used to debate competitively in the collegiate level], basketball [Mavericks and Jazz fan - I play quite a lot too], philosophy [read: my own] and most of all, music. Aside from listening to music and dissecting every morsel of contextual meat in the lyrics, I also immerse myself in songwriting. I'm currently part of three musical projects now - none of which are going anywhere. But that doesn't matter. I take satisfaction in the fact that I write music for myself - and I like what I do. If I like what I'm doing, that's fine by me. If other people like it, that's a bonus, but that's the way it goes. I right for myself [and my bands] and for no one else.

Aside from writing music and expounding on the hush-hush world of atheism - a topic that barely sees the light of day in this country. I've taken it unto myself to write about because I sense a brimming passion within me to speak against the establishment and try to get the point across to those bigots who don't tolerate other philosophies - and more importantly, to reach out to those who are willing to embrace diversity in convictions. I salute those who genuinely see the world and existence as a whole for what it is as opposed to just subscribing to what their church tells them to do and think.

I also enjoy traveling and chronicling them in my blog. This summer has led me to a couple of cool places and hopefully, the stuff in my blog would motivate you to visit those places as well. The Philippines is a great place, everyone! You gotta see it for yourself.

I know there's a great propensity for people here to disagree with a lot of what I write about, but hopefully, those people are mature enough to realize that this world is riddled with differences in so many levels - philosophical or otherwise.

It's great to have avenues like this wherein we could play out one of our most unlikely fantasies - that of being a real Pinoy Big Brother housemate. So let's not waste this opportunity - play the game and play to win! good luck, everyone! Take care. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home