Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 3

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ron blogs: Ron, a la Survivor Producer

Finally I find time to relax again... I'd like to write something different this time.. But let me deliver a disclaimer because I suck at writing entries that don't have rants...

Well as you all know, previously I wrote something about my fave reality TV shows.. Therefore, I come up with a what-if thingy! That's not making sense, I know... harhar!

So what if I become the producer of "Survivor" in the Philippines and I need to scout 3 possible locations in our own country??

Here's my own rundown...

1. Palawan---I don't understand why Mark Burnett(producer of Survivor) could pick the Cook Islands or Palau or Koh Tarutao over Palawan.. Mannn, this island has everything a show like Survivor needs. It has the perfect tropical weather. It has one of the most diverse wildlife in Asia. That includes the famous Calauit Game Preserve that can possibly match that of Kenya. Its history of ancient Chinese traders and Malay settlers is something we can make a good theme of. And who in the Philippines could ever forget the breathtaking islands here??!!! It has crystal clear water and fantastic caves! I can say Lagen Island would be the perfect place for the reward and immunity challenges. The tribal camps could be set in Busuanga Island. Nevertheless, I am hoping Mark Burnett reads this so he would realize how RIGHT I am about Palawan.. *sigh*

2.Siquijor---when I heard about the rumor that Survivor 6 would be "filming" in Siquijor, I felt ecstatic! The excitement was even more elevated when they said it would have a witchcraft/wizardry or voodo theme. Wow, that made me really proud of this island but that hope was ruined when Survivor officially announced that Survivor 6 would be in the Amazon. Alas, I thought that would be our country's chance to redeem itself after the dreadful Abu Sayyaf days that greatly affected our tourism industry. But the public was informed that it was Japan's Survivor that filmed in Siquijor. Oh well, my perception was not changed though. Siquijor could've been a great location for the US Survivor. The island has its own history of black magic, a theme Survivor hasn't had yet! Plus its island is as beautiful as Vanuatu(Survivor 9). So Mark Burnett might've regret this all his life! Hahahaha.

3. Tawi-Tawi---I know Survivor is up to something remote and historic. Well guess what, the Philippines passed that! Themewise, Tawi-Tawi uniquely has the mixed culture of the Sama, Badjao and Sulu Tribes. Most of its tribesmen were warriors and sultans. Survivor could've been sooo interesting with this theme, right? Besides that, there are soo many islands to choose from. I suggest the tribal camps should be in Mapun Island. And before I could forget...the Turtle Islands is also located in Tawi-Tawi. This is where tribal councils should be done. The Survivor:Tawi-Tawi logo should have turtles on it! Majority of its colors should be green and brown..

Well I guess I went all the way and beyond imagining my own Survivor! Hahaha! See how far I can go for my favorite show?? Uh-huh, now you know!!! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home