Pinoy BigBrother Fantasy Game Season 3

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ann blogs: Bocaue fly-over

The Bocaue fly-over had been finished and made passable. After five months, at last! But then the project was made an issue by political enemies of the incumbent local officials. To think it could reap more advantages than cons. It had been my wish and that of the fellow trustees in our scul to have an infrastructure project that wud resolve traffic problems in our place. It was one reason why our enrolment kept dwindling for years. Then it happened and we were fortunate. Although we expected that the impact would be subtle and not outright, the recent development had given us hope. But then as usual, politics was there. There were copies of a newsletter which definitely was against our incumbent mayor which sited the disadvantages the fly-over construction brought about. Kesyo marami raw negosyo ang mamatay dahil sa fly-over (because it made the down-under of the fly-over seemed isolated), kesyo nung hindi pa passable yung fly-over, ang tagal-tagal daw matapos. I was not against our municipal and not supporting him either. Truth was, the situation in our town kept me frustrated, and kept me asking when would a real public servant emerge. But I thought that what those people had to say on the development was just the usual comments of political enemies. Ok, sabihin nang ganoon nga. Still, we had to be glad about the developments, but then it did not mean that because we're glad, we would no longer face the challenges. We could not rest for mediocrity dahil laging maraming puwedeng gawin. The fly-over project was not fully completed because the roads under it were not yet paved (it still had to be widened). The development seemed not enough. Kung baga sa salita ng matatanda, hinog sa pilit.

Ayokong maging ganoon ang bayan namin.

****************************************************

I was about to meet aimee last monday, err tuesday, but I was not able to meet her. Instead I just spent the day walking thru the hallways of SM Marilao. I had to buy a gift for my inaanak, and buy a gift for my friend. Bumili din ako ng Chips Delight and toblerone na sobrang sarap! I took lunch at goldi with my favorite lechong paksiw (heheh). I just felt masyado talaga akong pinoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home